RealPage is changing the technology real estate industry and our teammates know how to think big and leave their mark. If you want to join a globally progressive and inclusive company devoted to excellence, we are looking for you!
We are the leading global provider of software and data analytics to the real estate industry. We navigate clients toward the right decisions with data and technology insights they can only get from RealPage. Serving our clients is our highest priority and RealPage teammates are our greatest asset.
Come join a team where your work makes an impact every day!
Security, energy management, asset protection, and automation efficiences ... these are a few of our favorite things.
STRATIS IoT is actively seeking a passionate and experienced Software Developer to join its team in creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse company is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they've learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
As the only system of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily building management, we are leading the global movement for smart cities in the urban and residential sectors. To date, STRATIS has been installed in over 30,000 units in Japan and Europe, and in over 350,000 units across 46 states in the U.S.
As a mid-level software developer on the IoT Automation & Controls software development team, you’d contribute new features, enhancements, and fixes to our cloud backend for connected IoT devices while also building out complementary microservices within the overall cloud platform. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the connected IoT experiences in any of our various internal and consumer-facing applications, including greenfield development opportunities within the framework of the new STRATIS Management App.
This position is great for developers with a year or two of experience working in software development who are excited about working with IoT technologies and are looking to grow their career quickly. Previous experience with IoT is NOT required — we are mostly looking for a strong backend developer with the ability and willingness to jump into the frontend to complete full stack features. Career growth opportunities include getting more experience in service-level and overall system design, owning large initiatives and feature sets, mentoring less experienced team members, as well as learning firsthand what it takes to scale a connected IoT platform.
While we prefer Philadelphia or Houston area candidates, this position is also open to remote candidates. Note that standup for this team is currently at 9:30 ET daily, and you’d be expected to attend.
Languages and Frameworks
This is a backend focused role on a codebase mostly in Python and Django, so you’ll need:
· Familiarity with Django or a similar backend framework (e.g. Flask, Ruby on Rails, Express, Laravel, aiohttp)
Nice to Have:
· Experience with TypeScript and React or similar front-end languages and frameworks used in building modern web applications (e.g. Angular, Vue.js)
· Experience with deploying, releasing, and supporting software in production (preferably with Kubernetes and/or Docker)
· Prior IoT or hardware experience - it’s nice if you have some, but most of the time we're interacting with devices through APIs. The Automation & Controls team primarily works on the cloud-side components for interacting with IoT devices and typically does not write software to run on the devices themselves.
Candidates can demonstrate that they are qualified by having one or more of the following:
· 1 to 4 years of experience writing and supporting code that is deployed and in production
· Any prior experience of designing, developing, and shipping new software features or products that have scaled as they have grown
· Solid coding skills and a strong understanding of the fundamentals of software development PLUS experience setting up your teammates for success and helping the team process run smoothly (If this last statement describes you and you could write new features, but haven’t yet had the opportunity, we want to talk to you)
At RealPage, we’re always looking for talented professionals who thrive in a learning work environment that continually supports individual greatness. We foster a culture of innovation and creativity. It is the things you do that bring out the best of you and RealPage.
RealPage considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all teammates feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.
Software Powered by iCIMS